Thursday, October 2, 2008

Kate's Vocabulary




More than a month has passed and Kate still loves Kindergarten. Kindergarten is way more intense here than I remember. She has homework every night but Friday and has weekly vocabulary words to practice. I was surprised by the vocab words. She'll have a much larger vocabulary than me before she finishes kindergarten! This weeks words are gorgeous, vain, drenched, linger and peculiar. She already knows gorgeous because we tell them they are beautiful all the time. Last night at dinner Kate proudly told me that she knows all five vocab words this week. Then she posed, as she loves to do, and told me that she is vain. I laughed because Kate does not have a self esteem problem at all (which I am glad about). Kate said vain means to be happy and proud of yourself. She is right!


This morning I helped on a class trip to a local park that has animals. It was nice to meet all the kids that she talks about all the time. The park was just beautiful. The leaves here are just beginning to change and are just breathtaking. I am amazed if you drive north just a half hour the leaves are already in full color. It was the perfect crisp morning for a walk in the woods!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you know what, I don't know all the words that kate just learned, I think I need to learn English with my son, Justin, when he is old enough...:-)

As I finally feel settled after moving back to Taiwan, I start to miss friends and everything... especially when you mentioned that the color of leaves start to change.......

Katie said...

I love your pictures of the girls. They are so pretty.