Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The job search

As many of you know, Glen lost his job as a teacher. As did many schools in Connecticut, Middletown had budget cuts. Despite this being a terrible time to lose a job, we think it will be a blessing. He has not been very happy teaching and looks at this as a great opportunity to try something new and better. That is where you come in! We know that networking is the key to finding a job. Right now he is willing to do anything, but would really be interested in training & development, inside sales, or anything that would use his Spanish. We'd love to live near family and friends, but are willing to go anywhere.

Any help or leads you can offer are greatly appreciated. You can contact me, or email Glen directly at glenhargan@yahoo.com. Thanks for the help!

2 comments:

Cherie said...

Yikes April! I'm sorry to hear that, although I do agree that sometimes these things are blessing in disguise! I know my dad and father in law spent a lot of time networking and some of their favorite sites were www.linkedin.com and also www.indeed.com which is a search engine that compiles job searches. Good luck to you both and if you need anything let me know!

Jen said...

Ugh! Good luck with that! You and Glen are so adventurous, I see great fun ahead! You are so optomistic (faithful) to see that already! One day I'll grow up to be as wise as you!