Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My First Blog






I've decided to join the digital era and start a family blog. It is probably about time. I thought this would be a good way to keep everyone up to date on our family.

So far we are very much enjoying our summer! Kate keeps asking me when summer vacation starts which I find very amusing. For her everyday is summer vacation! She just knows she starts kindergarten once summer vacation is over and she can't wait. Rachel was just accepted into preschool. She couldn't be more excited. She is going to a preschool program at our high school three mornings a week. Preschool will be very good for her.

Saturday we had a very fun day. Grammy and I took the girls to Quassy Amusement Park in Middlebury. My sister works there and was able to get us her discount, getting unlimited rides for the girls. Our first ride was the Tilt-A-Whirl, a personal favorite. Kate and I loved it, Rach, not so much. Rachel was leery for a little while when I told her a ride was fun. We did the giant slide, water boats, cars, etc. The favorite of the girls was the roller coaster (I'm glad to know they are my children after all). They rode the roller coaster at least a dozen times. After getting off the ride and running back in line a few times, the teenager operating the ride just let them stay on. They varied between the first row and the last row on the ride. I of course was the proud parent taking tons of pictures as they went by. They were quite disappointed when we had to go home. Maybe we'll venture to Quassy again.

4 comments:

Grammy said...

I'm so happy to see my girlies on their own web site! Now, when I can't see you as often as I like, I can see you on line. How wonderful!
Grammy

Kate Fischer said...

The Hargans are way ahead of us in the digital photo age!!
This is such a cute idea. The girls are as cute as ever, although I am a little partial to Kate :)
Glad your sumer is going so well.
Let us know when more pictures are up!!

Grammy said...

What great runners. I'm glad that Rachel is strong and doesn't change her mind. At least easily.
Wow, Rachel was running with someone really old!
Keep it up girlies!
Grammy

Marianne said...

OH my goodness this is so adorable!!!