Thursday, July 24, 2008

Running Race






Kate wants to be a runner so badly. We were thrilled to find out that a local city's running club has races for kids in the summer. Kate has been counting down to her big race. She wanted a ribbon more than anything. Rachel was going back and forth on racing herself. Rachel is such a girly girl and running is not her thing. The day of the race Rach was insistent she was not going to race but I decided to take her never used tennis shoes just in case. When we got to the track I asked Rachel again if she wanted to race. She said "Mom, I told you I don't want to and I don't change my mind." Five minutes later she changed her mind. Rachel ran with the 3 year olds and Kate competed with the 4 year olds. They both did great. Both of their races were 100 yards. You'll notice that Rach is wearing a skirt because princesses wear skirts, not shorts. She also wouldn't let me put her hair up because princesses wear their hair down. Very funny girl.


At the end they had a quarter mile race for all kids 6 and under. When the race started Kate got knocked down by a kid behind her. She got a very late start. It was great watching her get in her groove and pass kids everywhere. She was the second girl to finish. Rachel got a little tired at the end but made it with the help of Grammy holding her hand to the finish. I am so proud of my little babes! They did great. Tonight is supposed to be the next race but we are getting a huge storm. My guess is the race is cancelled. We'll have to wait till next week!

No comments: