Monday, December 14, 2009

Nostalgia

I don't think I'm very old. I certainly don't feel very old. But tonight I felt old. Tonight in the car, the girls were asking me questions about my childhood. Kate cannot believe I didn't have a Wii as a kid (I didn't want to explain the Atari to her), a home computer, or cell phones. Then all the questions came...did you have cars back then? did you have electricity? how did you ever talk to people without email? how come the phones had to be plugged into the wall?

I told her we had the important things, a car, a tv and electricity. Trying to explain 35mm cameras to them though didn't work. Kate can't understand how you couldn't see your pictures on the back of the camera and have to wait until they are printed to see them.

It was a very funny conversation and made me grateful for all the advancements that have occurred in my short lifetime. I only wonder what they will get to explain to their kids!

3 comments:

syerke said...

Oh that is just so dang funny!

Halladay said...

Wow April, you're so OLD!! Katelyn once asked Tim if he had silverwear when he was a liitle boy... he informed her, no he didn't, back then they had to use their fingers!! Ha! Ha!

Katie said...

too funny! I love the way that kids think!