Sunday, March 1, 2009

On the mend









The doctors let us come home on Tuesday! Yeah! Connor was able to maintain his oxygen all night, something he had not been able to do the whole time we were in the hospital, so they let us come home. We still haven't left the house all week because he is still getting over his cold. I am getting antsy to get out. Thursday Connor had his two week check up and Rachel had her kindergarten visit. Connor now weighs 7lb 9oz. He is a total munch, so I'm not surprised he has gained so much weight already. Poor Rachie had to have another shot and then her vision and hearing test. She didn't pass her vision test. I called our eye doc and he had an opening for Friday so off to another doctor.

Rachie was actually a little excited to go to the eye doctor. It was taking longer than I expected, never a good sign. He confirmed that Rach is near sighted and will probably need glasses. Being how I'm as blind as a bat, I wasn't to surprised about that. Then the axe fell and he told me that Rachel has a cataract in her left eye. I could not have been more shocked. I had no idea that children, 4 year old children, can have cataracts. Now Rachel is going to see a surgeon to see if it needs to be removed or not. The earliest I could get her in is March 17. I have until then to worry about it. At least we are all recovering from the flu.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

He is so cute and wrinkly! What a doll. I'm so glad you're home now. We need to have Rachel over as soon as you're up for it. Let me know. Also, we need to talk about glasses. We just bought Whitney some online and they were dirt cheap! Give me a call if you want to talk deals!

Stacey said...

When it rains it pours! I really hope everything goes okay with Rachel's eyes. So happy that Connor is out of the hospital. I am sure all of this is very stressful for you. Take care of yourself. Connor is just adorable! Eden has her kindergarten visit in May and is so excited.

syerke said...

You are just going from one thing to the next! I'm exhausted for you just thinking about it!
Connor doesn't look one ounce bigger, but I guess it's hard to see ounces on people. He is pretty darn cute though!